Thursday, August 7, 2014

Taste The Love at Alcenia's

On a warm July afternoon what is better than Tasting the Love??? Nothing.. Alcenia's is tucked into the north end in a small little building. My Mom thought she had a Groupon for them but she got it wrong so there we were at lunch time. I have to say I was skeptical- I mean the place looked festive with all kinds of colors and chairs but it was a bit empty and I felt almost like I was in someones home. 

We ordered the food and it really took awhile to come out of the kitchen but when it did- Wow was it good. Everything was served on picnicware but the portions were pretty generous and after the first bite I was not complaining. The fried chicken was fresh fried for me and tender. It has some nice spices, The yams were sliced fresh and cooked with some karo syrup cinnamon in and butter. The black eyed peas, one of my favorites were spicy, fresh, flavorful and perfectly cooked. They had some little something in them I have not had before perhaps hominy or ... I just don't know. 


The chicken wings had
a karo syrup hot sauce with some nice herbs and hot peppers mixed in. They were not too hot or too vinegar. The lovely lady there said she hoped I tasted the Love and I did! So if you need a bit of love in your day go fill the place up. 

 Love the Cabbage Leaf, Logan



  Alcenia's on Urbanspoon Alcenia's