Monday, July 21, 2014

At's A Pizza - on Union

The Memphis Flyer did a food review of a new Pizza place in the old Petra Cafe on Union. Since Pizza is a great food and fun to blog about I convinced my Dad to go. Since Dad likes Pizza it was easy.


The place is nice, a bit simple but it is just starting out so I did not expect a ton of personality yet. It is not a chain so there is no packaged decor just a good guy who wants to own a business and make pizza.

We ordered the toasted ravioli with meat sauce and they were ok. Not a hand made fresh product more of a frozen food fried. I still liked them and we ate them all. 

The pizza was good. Well, it was not great because I  ordered green olives and they were really generous so it was just too salty, that was my fault. The olives were nice. I don't think I will put fresh basil on a pizza again unless I make it! The sausage part had a bit of an odd taste not bad but not great either. The crust was handmade and it was perfectly baked. The sauce was not sweet and the cheese was well, cheesy. 

I think we will give it another go. It was not awesome gotta have it. But a man with a dream deserves a shot at my business and I really think it will get to be a great restaurant

Love the Cabbage leaf,
Logan

At's a pizza on Urbanspoon